1. Develop and recommend to the Senate the Research Policy of the University.
2. Review University Research Policy and make recommendations to Senate.
3. Establish research priorities for the University.
4. Receive and approve all research proposals and co-ordinate collaborative research projects.
5. Make recommendations to Senate on the allocation of funds available for research and travel in connection with research and for traveling to conferences.
6. Allocate research funds to individual applicants out of the funds voted by Council for this purpose.
7. Formulate proposals for applications for research funds from external donors.
8. Prepare annually budget estimates or a submission for all allocation of funds from the University resources.
9. Receive reports from recipients of grants on the use of research funds received from all sources.
10. Identify and recommend to the University the establishment of research facilities or laboratories.
1. Develop and recommend to Senate the extension policy of the University.
2. Establish extension priorities.
3. Receive and approve extension proposals, including outreach activities.
4. Identify and make recommendations on ways of raising funds to support extension activities.
5. Encourage activities with Faculties and Departments on matters pertaining to institutional linkage, continuing education and extension programmes.
6. Cause to promote a closer linkage of research, training and extension through staff and student involvement in outreach programmes including public sector interaction.
7. Encourage and promote consultancy services by staff to clients/farmers on request.
2. Advise and bring about University newsletters, magazines and research journals and other formal University documents.
3. Receive and consider manuscripts for publication.
4. Direct affairs of Egerton University Press (EUP).
5. Recommend to Senate publication opportunities or matters that would complement education materials availability.
6. Seek ways of making EUP a self-supporting institution.
7. Cause to be conducted courses to University staff on education materials preparation for publication and related aspects.
8. Encourage staff to produce instructional materials.